Firstly just want to say that this is my own recipe and I am trying out something new. I take inspiration from many things, for this recipe it was mainly from my home-Chinese (the best btw), but so it could be healthier and feel is though I haven’t eaten my weight in oil.
So anyway, a basic fried rice; eggs and rice in a frying pan (duh). My fried rice is not basic, it has multiple vegetables in it and serves 4, it will blow your mind (just saying).
- Large frying pan
- Regular frying pan
- Rice cooker (or whatever you use to cook rice)
- Chopping board x2
- Sharp knife x2
- 2 cups of raw rice
- 2 large carrots
- 3 peppers (any colour)
- 4 sticks of celery
- 2 spring onions
- 2 cloves or garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 or 4 chicken breasts
- an egg
- salt and pepper
- Start by cooking your rice, I cook mine in a rice steamer and shove it in the microwave for eight minutes and let it rest until I need it.
- Chop up all the veg into small bite-size pieces. The chicken should be cut up to be
- Add oil to both pans and heat. Add chicken to one and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the diced garlic into the other pan and let cook on a medium heat. Add the harder vegetables first i.e. carrots and celery. Then add all the others and cook until softened.
- Cook the chicken until golden on the outside and completely cooked throughout. By this point the rice should be soft and fluffy and have been standing for a couple of minutes.
- To the vegetable pan add an egg and mix to make scrambled. Mix throughout the veg. Then add the rice and turn the heat down. Add some soy sauce (to taste) and serve in bowls.
- I added spring onions at the end so they wouldn’t lose too much flavour if cooked. Put the cooked chicken on top.
- Serve with prawn crackers and sweet and sour sauce on the side.
There we go! My easy and healthy Chicken Fried Rice! Tag me on Instagram at @grillbyeblog if you recreate this recipe.